 |
| Next to me is Mr Kaya, a lay preacher who is very active within the church |
Up at 7am for my first SDA experience. Adventists celebrate the Sabbath on Saturdays, and it is a long day. Church services are typically 3 hours long and there is bible study before, lunch afterwards and maybe an extra workshop in the afternoon.
The focus at Kalagala today was to speak against domestic violence. But first I had to explain why I am black but not African...In Spain I spend a lot of time explaining why I am British but not white. The further I travel the more I realise how well integrated the UK is. Ps I need a map! I facilitated a conflict resolution activity and taught the group a daily positivity mantra, it went down well.
 |
| An appreciative participant of the workshop against domestic violence |
Two huge lunches (despite no alcohol I will definitely go home fatter), a flyby visit to Mr Kaya and a stressful 3-hour journey to Namabaale village in a wildly overpacked vehicle - spot the chicken in the boot.
 |
| Typical roadside market stall |
 |
| Our dinner awaits his fate in the boot |
Wow this is good work people, may the almighty bless the work of your hands.
ReplyDelete